At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
£30,000 - £35,000
Title: Senior Copywriter
Reports to: Directors
Location: Swansea City Centre. Hybrid
Full Time: 40 hours per week, flexible
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Days of work: Monday – Friday
At Ouma, we're not just another marketing agency. We're a vibrant collective of passionate marketers, bursting with creativity and drive. As a small yet spirited team, we've laid the foundation for success and are poised for significant growth.
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter to play a pivotal role in our content creation team, responsible for producing high-quality, engaging, and persuasive written content. You will be responsible for developing a wide range of copy, from marketing materials to web content and advertising campaigns, to drive brand awareness and achieve our client's objectives.
To be the perfect fit for this role, you will have a natural flair for writing lead generating copy and will have exceptional grammar and spelling, whilst being confident in proofing your own work and others.
If you write incredible copy and want to share your talents with the world, come and join us!
• Develop creative campaigns, brand messaging, and content strategies to meet client objectives.
• Develop and execute creative and impactful written content for various marketing collateral, including but not limited to websites, social media, blogs, email marketing and more.
• Collaborate with our cross-functional team, including designers and social media executives, to conceptualise content ideas and marketing strategies.
• Research and understand client industries, products, services, and audiences to create content that resonates and engages effectively.
• Edit and proofread your own content and that of your team to ensure accuracy, grammar, and consistency.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, marketing best practices, and digital marketing innovations to ensure content remains relevant and competitive.
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior and experienced copywriters.
• Uphold your own self-leadership and have complete autonomy over your work and actions.
• Holding yourself accountable without taking blame, while holding open and honest conversations with the team, business leaders, and clients.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years in a copywriting role, with a strong portfolio demonstrating a range of writing styles and formats.
• Exceptional writing skills, with a keen eye for detail, grammar, and an ability to adapt writing style to different audiences.
• Proficiency in digital marketing and SEO best practices to optimise written content for online platforms.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with project management tools, content management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• A passion for storytelling, creativity, and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality work.
• Comprehensive understanding of the marketing landscape, including digital, content, social media, and traditional channels.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both clients and team members.
• Highly enthusiastic and motivated to make Ouma the best creative agency in the UK!
• Experience working in a marketing agency or creative environment.
• Familiarity with content marketing strategies, social media marketing, and advertising concepts.
If you're ready to roll, take a look at our benefits:
• 31 days annual leave including bank holidays
• 3 days off between Christmas and New Years
• A day off for Christmas Eve
• Work from anywhere - we have two set office days per week
• Company-wide bonus and referral scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Company sick pay
• Various team perks and rewards
• And many more
Ready to get in touch? Here are the next steps:
Step 1: Click the Apply button below and send us your CV and cover note
Step 2: Phone interviews
Step 3: Final face-to-face interview