At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
£35,000 - £40,000
Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Directors
Location: Swansea City Centre. Hybrid
Full Time: 40 hours per week, flexible
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
Days of work: Monday – Friday
At Ouma, we're not just another marketing agency. We're a vibrant collective of passionate marketers, bursting with creativity and drive. As a small yet spirited team, we've laid the foundation for success and are poised for significant growth.
Now, we're searching for an experienced Operations Manager who's ready to make a tangible impact. This isn't just another management role; it's a chance to shape a budding agency's future, mentor the next generation of marketers, and truly make your mark. If you're excited by the prospect of steering a young team towards excellence and leaving a lasting legacy in the marketing world, then we can't wait to meet you.
1. Operational Leadership:
• Oversee the day-to-day management of our agency, ensuring smooth operations and optimal productivity.
• Streamline processes and systems, identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices.
• Working hand-in-hand with the directors to ensure quality and excellence is delivered at all times.
• Conduct weekly and monthly performance analysis of each department, in conjunction with KPI metrics
• Ensure the team is fully resourced, trained and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities and measured outcomes.
• Uphold your own self-leadership and have complete autonomy over your work and actions.
• Holding yourself accountable without taking blame, while holding open and honest conversations with the team, business leaders, and clients.
2. Account Management:
• Foster strong, long-term relationships with clients, understanding their needs and ensuring their objectives are met.
• Oversee the execution and delivery of marketing campaigns, ensuring timelines, budgets, and quality standards are met.
• Develop a deep understanding of stakeholders' requirements and align teams and individuals to responsibilities and objectives, ensuring a culture of accountability, support and feedback.
• Consistently identify problems and opportunities to improve marketing culture, performance and initiatives, including facilitating retrospectives with team members at all levels.
3. Team Management & Development:
• Lead, motivate, and develop the internal team, ensuring optimal performance and growth.
• Facilitate regular team meetings, trainings, and idea generation sessions.
• Manage team development, identify skills gaps and undertake recruitment activities where required.
• Work with the leadership team to manage change across the company using emotional intelligence and an understanding of effective change management.
4. Business Development:
• Identify and capitalise on opportunities for growth and expansion.
• Collaborate with the sales team to develop strategies for new client acquisition and service expansion.
5. Financial Oversight:
• Monitor agency financials, ensuring profitability and sustainable growth.
• Collaborate with the finance team to set budgets, monitor spending, and forecast financial trends.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years agency experience in a managerial position, with a proven track record in managing marketing campaigns and teams.
• Strong project management experience.
• Ability to work under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of the marketing landscape, including digital, content, social media, and traditional channels.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both clients and team members, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge of business operations and developing marketing strategies.
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and business development.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly enthusiastic and motivated to make Ouma the best creative agency in the UK!
If you're ready to roll, take a look at our benefits:
• 35 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Work from anywhere - we have two set office days per week
• Company-wide bonus and referral scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Company sick pay
• Various team perks and rewards
• And many more
Ready to get in touch? Here are the next steps:
Step 1: Click the Apply button below and send us your CV and cover note
Step 2: Phone interviews
Step 3: Final face-to-face interview