At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
£20,000 - £24,000
Role: Social Media Executive
Reports to: Directors
Location: Swansea (currently remote, ability to travel to the office will be required post lockdown, along with travelling to client locations on occasion)
Full Time, 40 hours per week (Part Time Available)
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum dependent on experience
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: Flexible between 8am – 6pm
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We support small and medium sized businesses to compete with large-scale
organisations through clever brand management, resourceful marketing techniques
and stunning sales collateral.
As well as supporting SME organisations, Ouma act as consultants to some of the world’s biggest brands as well as working with high-profile and celebrity brands.
Do you live and breathe social media? We’re looking for a creative individual to join our team as a Social Media Executive. You will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong 'can do' attitude and be willing to make an inspiring contribution.
You will be responsible for managing customer social accounts, writing content and scheduling posts.
The entire Ouma team work together on almost all of our projects so you’ll be working hand-in-hand with our team of Social Media Executives, Copywriters and Designers to provide top-notch services to our clients across the globe.
What we’re looking for
Above all else, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude. Somebody who is open to learning and developing their skills, who is punctual and has a real desire for a career with Ouma.
We’re looking for someone who will interject new ideas and a fresh perspective to any project we work on; someone who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box. We need talent, passion and skill combined, someone who has the ability to communicate effectively in a positive and engaging way.
If you take an ‘above and beyond’ mentality to the work you do, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
Responsibilities will include (Training will be provided):
• Working across various platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Spotify, YouTube & TikTok.
• Customer engagement and relationship building, including scheduling and leading client meetings, taking calls and keeping on top of email and WhatsApp communications.
• Producing and presenting weekly, monthly or quarterly reports for clients.
• Understanding client objectives and liaising with our copywriters to ensure the content is aligned to the client’s brand and factors in what their objectives are for the months ahead.
• Working closely with our designers to create a collaborative content / design strategy and implementing this.
• Keeping on top of your social media tasks and managing your own workload via Asana.
• Create social media strategies for each client and keep these updated.
• Idea generation.
• Research trends and have the latest knowledge of ‘what’s on’ and be aware of new developments in the social industry to advise clients on social media and marketing growth / engagement tactics and be able to implement these into the content strategies.
• Gain a thorough understanding of your clients’ business’ and major trends shaping their markets.
• Scheduling social posts.
• Responding to social media comments on a client's channels to enhance their communities.
• Working alongside our Paid Ads team, briefing the ads team, reviewing paid ad performance and discussing results and campaign performance with clients.
• General administrative duties.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Good organizational skills and time management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate confidently both in person and on the phone, and be able to do this well under pressure.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
Essential Skills Required:
• Social Media account management experience
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Experience of using social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, TikTok)
• An understanding of social media analytics / insights
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• Access to their own vehicle with a full driving license
• Commercial / Agency Experience
• An understanding of Facebook Business Manager.
• An understanding of Asana, Slack and Teamwork.
• 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve.
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget.
• Dedicated development days.
• Team lunches and monthly socials, including Free Pizza Fridays. (Post lockdown)
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday.
• We all get sick from time-to-time; we offer discretionary company sick pay.
• Celebrations if you’re working on your birthday (Cake, gifts, food, music, party-poppers, you name it, we go all-out!) (Post lockdown)
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center.
• Weekly fruit and snack deliveries (Post lockdown)
• Unlimited tea and coffee (Post lockdown)
• WFH surprise treats during lockdown
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants of all ages to apply. It’s important that all applicants can demonstrate the aforementioned skills / experience.