At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
SENIOR DESIGNER / DESIGN MANAGER
£28,000 - £30,000
Reports to: Directors
Full Time Role: 40 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: Flexible between 8am – 6pm
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We support small and medium sized businesses to compete with large-scale
organisations through clever brand management, resourceful marketing techniques
and stunning sales collateral.
As well as supporting SME organisations, Ouma act as consultants to some of the world’s biggest brands as well as working with high-profile and celebrity brands.
We’re proud to be an Accredited ‘Real Living Wage’ Employer for South Wales. We value our employees and want to reward them for their invaluable contribution and the vital role they each play in Ouma’s success.
We have a rare and very exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team and lead our Design Department. This role has it all; the opportunity for progression, to develop your own team, to build the best design department and to make your mark on one of South Wales’ fastest growing marketing agencies.
Based at our brand-new, state-of-the-art creative office in the Urban Village, Swansea, the role requires ambition, skill and above all else, a keen eye for detail.
Our intention for this role is to hire somebody who is an experienced, talented graphic designer who can initially take on the design workload from our Director, then progress into senior management as the business grows. You will also have a designer as a direct report.
What we’re looking for
Unlike most in the design industry, there’s no room for inflated egos at Ouma. We are humble, we are patient, and we deliver our best work, every single time, no exceptions. We’re looking for somebody who shares that mentality.
We’re looking for a senior designer with at least 5 years professional design experience. You don’t need to have managed other designers in the past, but you will need to have excellent people skills with the competencies, and personality traits of a good leader.
You will be a very talented designer with a portfolio to prove it. You will be creative, highly proficient, have fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal, be ambitious enough to want to progress yet level-headed enough to understand that growth comes from hard work.
You will be comfortable leading meetings and projects and will accept feedback with an open mind. You will be progressive with your thinking and open to new ways of working.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the Graphic Design department including team supervision
• Producing next-level designs that ‘WOW’ our customers including but not limited to; websites, brochures, presentations, email campaigns, social artwork, brand development etc.
• Project management of design work, including end-to-end implementation
• Allocating tasks to the design team based on deadlines
• Leading client meetings / calls to discuss design requirements
• Transposing designs into usable assets for the marketing team
• Working with the wider team to develop a seamless departmental handover process
• Reporting on project status and holding accountability for deadlines and delivery
• Reporting time allocation for client billing purposes
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent organizational skills and time management.
• Exceptional design skills through an impressive portfolio
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate confidently both in person and on the phone, and be able to do this well under pressure.
• That you are switched-on and able to make well thought-out decisions.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• Ability to effectively proof your own work and that of the team (written English, quality of work, detailing, alignment etc.)
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
Essential Skills Required:
• Experience of working on multiple accounts or projects.
• Highly Proficient in Adobe suite particularly Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
• Highly Proficient in Office 365
• Good working knowledge of social media accounts
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• Access to their own vehicle with a full driving license (for independent client meetings)
• Commercial / Agency Experience
• An understanding of Asana, Slack, Teamwork.
• Good knowledge of the print production process
• An good understanding of Wix
• 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve.
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget.
• Dedicated development days.
• Team lunches and monthly socials, including Free Pizza Fridays.
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday.
• We all get sick from time-to-time; we offer your first three days of sickness leave paid.
• Celebrations if you’re working on your birthday (Cake, gifts, food, music, party-poppers, you name it, we go all-out!)
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center.
• Weekly fruit and snack deliveries
• Unlimited tea and coffee