At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT - KICKSTART
£9.50 per hour
Role: Sales & Marketing Assistant – Kickstart Scheme
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Assistant
Company Name: Ouma
Reports to: Directors
Location: High Street, Swansea, SA1 1NW
Part Time Role: 25 hours per week
Temporary Term: 6-month contract
Hourly Rate of Pay: £9.50 per hour
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: Flexible between 8am – 6pm
Kickstart Scheme Applicants Only
This role is being created through the Government Kickstart scheme; helping young people into work; to qualify for the role, you must be aged between 16-24 years old and currently unemployed and on Universal credit.
Ouma are proud to be an Accredited ‘Real Living Wage’ Employer for South Wales. We value our employees and want to reward them for their invaluable contribution and the vital role they each play in Ouma’s success. All employees of Ouma, including those on the Kickstart Scheme, will receive the Real Living Wage at minimum.
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Sales & Marketing Assistant. You will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong 'can do' attitude and be willing to make an inspiring contribution.
You will mainly support with the early aspects of business development and sales activity, such as creating prospect pipelines, data gathering and undertaking market research.
You will work alongside some of the industries most trusted and talented professionals who will take you through a detailed development plan, giving you the skills and knowledge to effectively develop in your role.
What’s in it for you?
Well…. plenty, in fact! We don’t like to boast much, but life at Ouma is pretty good, and we can’t wait to show you around!
We’ll provide all the equipment and tech you need to get running from the get-go and with monthly socials, free food Fridays and dedicated development days, you’ll get the very best of our company benefits.
Here’s the full low-down:
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Two company-wide celebration days per year.
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget
• A performance-based bonus scheme unique to each employee.
• Dedicated team development days
• Team lunches and monthly socials
• A buffet and celebration for your birthday.
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center
• A cycle to work scheme.
• We have a plethora of fruit, healthy snacks, coffee, tea and biscuits available for the team to tuck into at any time!
• Travel expenses
• Monthly 1:1 check-ins and personal development reviews, these also include lunch!
• Independent HR support available to all Employees.
• Pawternity Leave – each team member is provided with a set number of additional Annual Leave days to care for any newly acquired pets! We know of the importance of the initial bonding period when adopting a furry loved one, and the benefits owning a pet can have on one’s mental health.
• Bespoke Maternity & Paternity Packages – with various options available based upon the individual needs of a new parent, along with a welcome hamper for the new baby.
• (Full Time Employees) 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday
What we’re looking for
Above all else, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude. Somebody who is open to learning and developing their skills, who can l interject new ideas and a fresh perspective to any project we work on; someone who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box.
Responsibilities will include (Training will be provided for all of the below):
• Support in the early aspects of Business Development and Sales Activity
• Utilise databases such as HubSpot to create and manage a sales pipeline
• LinkedIn connection building, and engagement with prospects and leads
• Data gathering and market research for prospective clients.
• CRM database maintenance
• Database management
• Sales process management
• System management
• Standardising marketing materials according to brand guidelines.
• Production of marketing materials for social media and content.
• Planning social media campaigns, including scheduling, planning and preparing assets
• Researching and developing sales collateral
• Idea generation.
• General administrative duties.
• Collating information.
• Planning marketing campaigns.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Good organizational skills and time management.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
• Great accuracy and eye for detail
Essential Skills Required:
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Good working knowledge of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, TikTok)
• Tech Savvy with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Highly organized, efficient and detail-orientated
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• An understanding of Asana, Slack, Teamwork.
Sound good?! Apply now, we'd love to hear from you!