OFFICE ASSISTANT - KICKSTART
£9.50 per hour
Role: Office Assistant – Kickstart Scheme
Job Title: Office Assistant
Company Name: Ouma
Reports to: Directors
Location: High Street, Swansea, SA1 1NW
Part Time Role: 25 hours per week
Temporary Term: 6-month contract
Hourly Rate of Pay: £9.50 per hour
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: Flexible between 8am – 6pm
Kickstart Scheme Applicants Only
This role is being created through the Government Kickstart scheme; helping young people into work; to qualify for the role, you must be aged between 16-24 years old and currently unemployed and on Universal credit.
Ouma are proud to be an Accredited ‘Real Living Wage’ Employer for South Wales. We value our employees and want to reward them for their invaluable contribution and the vital role they each play in Ouma’s success. All employees of Ouma, including those on the Kickstart Scheme, will receive the Real Living Wage at minimum.
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Office Assistant. You will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong 'can do' attitude and be willing to make an inspiring contribution.
You will work alongside some of the industries most trusted and talented professionals who will take you through a detailed development plan, giving you the skills and knowledge to effectively develop in your role.
What we’re looking for
Above all else, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude. Somebody who is open to learning and developing their skills, who can support with the day-to-day activities of a busy office and help to keep up the team morale by organizing fun activities and events.
Responsibilities will include (Training will be provided for all of the below):
• Greeting clients when they visit the office.
• Planning team events (Including staff perks and team days out).
• Looking into fun activities for the team to take place at work.
• Taking notes at meetings, typing up and formatting the notes and sending them to all meeting participants.
• Dealing with correspondence and phone calls
• Managing diaries, organising meetings and appointments.
• Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
• Organising events and training for the team.
• Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
• Running errands.
• Managing databases.
• Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
• Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
• Collating and filing expenses.
• Miscellaneous tasks to support their manager.
• General administrative duties.
• Creating a list of items that need ordering such as stationery and office supplies
• Supporting with keeping up the team morale
• Making teas and coffees.
• Watering the plants.
• Collating information.
• Supporting with customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Good organizational skills and time management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
• Great accuracy and eye for detail
Essential Skills Required:
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Tech Savvy with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Highly organized, efficient and detail-orientated
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• An understanding of Asana, Slack, Teamwork.
• 30 words per minute average type speed ability with a 90% accuracy rate:
• 28 days holiday pro-rata (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve.
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget.
• Dedicated development days.
• Team lunches and monthly socials, including Free Pizza Fridays. (Post lockdown)
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday.
• We all get sick from time-to-time; we offer your first three days of sickness leave paid.
• Celebrations if you’re working on your birthday (Cake, gifts, food, music, party-poppers, you name it, we go all-out!) (Post lockdown)
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center.
• Weekly fruit and snack deliveries (Post lockdown)
• Unlimited tea and coffee (Post lockdown)
• WFH surprise treats during lockdown
Please note: The Ouma team are all currently remote working due to COVID-19, we plan to be working from the office as soon as possible, with the appropriate safety and social distancing measures in place. We expect we will be working from the office by May.
Please return your application before the 31st May.