At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
£20,000 - £24,000 per annum dependent on experience
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our team and support the growth of our design Department. This role has it all; the opportunity for progression, to be a part of the best design department and to make your mark on one of South Wales’ fastest growing marketing agencies.
Based at our brand-new, state-of-the-art creative office in the Urban Village, Swansea, the role requires ambition, skill and above all else, a keen eye for detail.
What we’re looking for
Unlike most in the design industry, there’s no room for inflated egos at Ouma. We are humble, we are patient, and we deliver our best work, every single time, no exceptions. We’re looking for somebody who shares that mentality.
We’re looking for a very talented designer with a portfolio to prove it. You will be creative, highly proficient, have fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal, be ambitious enough to want to progress yet level-headed enough to understand that growth comes from hard work.
You will be comfortable leading meetings and projects and will accept feedback with an open mind. You will be progressive with your thinking and open to new ways of working.
What’s in it for you?
Well…. plenty, in fact! We don’t like to boast much, but life at Ouma is pretty good, and we can’t wait to show you around!
We’ll provide all the equipment and tech you need to get running from the get-go and with monthly socials, free food Fridays, dedicated development days and 28 days annual leave entitlement, you’ll get the very best of our company benefits.
Here’s the full low-down:
• 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget
• Dedicated team development days
• Team lunches and monthly socials
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday
• We all get sick from time-to-time; we offer discretionary company sick pay
• Celebrations if you’re working on your birthday (Cake, gifts, food, music, party-poppers, you name it, we go all-out!)
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center
• Unlimited tea, coffee, biscuits and snacks.
• Travel expenses
• Performance lead bonus
Sold already? OK! Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
Responsibilities will include:
• Producing next-level designs that ‘WOW’ our customers including but not limited to; brochures, presentations, email campaigns, social artwork, brand development, websites etc.
• Following a task list and completing work in accordance to set deadlines
• Taking client meetings / calls to discuss design requirements
• Transposing designs into usable assets for the marketing team
• Working with the wider team to develop a seamless departmental handover process
• Picking up existing client work and supporting them
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Exceptional design skills through an impressive portfolio
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate confidently both in person and on the phone, and be able to do this well under pressure.
• That you are switched-on and able to make well thought-out decisions.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• Ability to effectively proof your own work (written English, quality of work, detailing, alignment etc.)
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
• Adding your own creative spin to our work
• Owning your own projects with the support of the senior team
Essential Skills Required:
• Highly Proficient in Adobe suite particularly Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
• Highly Proficient in Office 365
• Good working knowledge of social media accounts
• Experience of working on multiple accounts or projects.
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• Access to their own vehicle with a full driving license (for independent client meetings)
• Commercial / Agency Experience
• An understanding of Asana, Slack, Teamwork.
• Good knowledge of the print production process
• A good understanding of Wix
• Experience with Adobe After Effects
Ready to get in touch?
We can’t wait to hear from you!