At Ouma, we value true talent. Whether you're a creative designer, up and coming developer or marketing guru, there's always a place for talent within our wonderful team.
£10,000 (20 Hours Per Week)
Reports to: Senior Copywriter & Directors
Location: Swansea (currently remote, ability to travel to the office will be required post lockdown, along with travelling to client locations on occasion)
Part Time Role: 20 hours per week
Salary: £10,000 per annum (equivalent to £9.61 per hour)
Days of work: Flexible
Hours of work: Between 8:30am – 5:00pm
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We support small and medium sized businesses to compete with large-scale
organisations through clever brand management, resourceful marketing techniques
and stunning sales collateral.
As well as supporting SME organisations, Ouma act as consultants to some of the world’s biggest brands as well as working with high-profile and celebrity brands.
We’re looking for a word-perfect creative to join our team as a copywriter, where you will be responsible for creating quality content developed for a diverse range of purpose. Each day, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our clients, as you demonstrate a passion and professionalism for delivering first-class content that demands attention.
From social media, blog posts and brochures, right through web content with specific SEO objectives in mind, you will draw on your skills and expertise to publish content tailored uniquely to the exciting brands we work with. You will be responsible for content ideation and research as you develop copy to fit the brief and delivery of wider complex marketing plans.
You will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong 'can do' attitude and be willing to make an inspiring contribution at all times.
You will work alongside some of the industries most trusted and talented professionals who will take you through a detailed development plan, giving you the skills and knowledge to effectively develop in your role and become a specialist within the team.
• 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays)
• Flexible working available
• Excellent working environment
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Free pizza Fridays
• Unlimited tea and coffee (Post lockdown)
• Weekly fruit and snack deliveries (Post lockdown)
• Many more
What we’re looking for
Above all else, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude. Somebody who is open to learning and developing their skills, who is punctual and has a real desire for a career with Ouma.
We’re looking for someone who will interject new ideas and a fresh perspective to any project we work on; someone who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box. We need talent, passion and skill combined, someone with a solid background in content creation, who can also confidently identify and interpret brand voice for a variety of different clients.
If you can excite, engage, and elevate with words; then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• A background and passion in copywriting
• A clear understanding of SEO specific content delivery
• Great accuracy, refined written skill and an eye for detail
• An ability to write to structured deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• The ability to work both within a team and independently
• Good organization skills and time management
• The ability to work on their own initiative
Essential Skills Required:
• Highly proficient in copywriting and proof-reading
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Good working knowledge of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• Access to their own vehicle with a full driving licence
• Commercial / Agency Experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants of all ages and levels of experience to apply. It’s important that all applicants can demonstrate the aforementioned skills / experience.