£20,000 - £26,000 per annum dependent on experience
Role: Marketing Executive / Account Executive
Reports to: Directors
Location: Swansea (currently remote, ability to travel to the office will be required post lockdown, along with travelling to client locations on occasion)
Full Time Role: 40 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 per annum dependent on experience
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: Flexible between 8am – 6pm
Ouma are one of the fastest growing marketing and creative organisations in South Wales. A close-knit team of specialists whose skills range from strategic marketing through to design, copywriting, social media management and much more.
We support small and medium sized businesses to compete with large-scale organisations through clever brand management, resourceful marketing techniques and stunning sales collateral.
As well as supporting SME organisations, Ouma act as consultants to some of the world’s biggest brands as well as working with high-profile and celebrity brands.
We’re proud to be an Accredited ‘Real Living Wage’ Employer for South Wales. We value our employees and want to reward them for their invaluable contribution and the vital role they each play in Ouma’s success.
We’re looking for a tremendously organised individual to join our team as an Account Executive / Marketing Executive. You will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong 'can do' attitude and be willing to make an inspiring contribution.
Each day, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our clients, carrying out day-to day activities in line with the strategies you and the wider team have created. You will be responsible for nurturing client relationships, becoming a trusted advisor and ensuring campaign deliveries are flawless.
The entire Ouma team work together on almost all of our projects so you’ll be working hand-in-hand with our Social Media Executives, Copywriters and Designers. Spearheading the project and ensuring your finger is on the pulse is key. Are the social media plans on track to be delivered on time? What’s happening in the world today, is there a new trend or activity we need to jump on? Are the paid ads performing, are we smashing our targets? These are just a handful of the things you will need to monitor and be aware of.
You will also be responsible for producing reports for your clients, you will need to analyse and understand the data and be able to explain the results to our clients in a way that they can clearly understand.
What we’re looking for:
Above all else, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude. Somebody who is open to learning and developing their skills, who is punctual and has a real desire for a career with Ouma.
We’re looking for someone who will interject new ideas and a fresh perspective to any project we work on; someone who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box. We need talent, passion and skill combined, someone who has the ability to communicate effectively in a positive and engaging way.
If you take an ‘above and beyond’ mentality to the work you do, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating and developing tasks, priorities, deliverables, and timelines with internal teams and clients on a daily basis; organising both your own tasks and the core tasks of those that are also involved on the account. Overseeing the end-to-end process of the projects.
• Taking ownership of your accounts performance, being forward-thinking in your approach. You’ll be responsible for driving projects forward and ensuring deadlines are met at each stage of the campaign. You will need to understand the client’s business intimately and ensure deadlines are met and appropriate action is applied at all times.
• You will be the main point of contact for the clients whose accounts you manage. You will be responsible for customer engagement and relationship building, including scheduling and leading client meetings, taking calls and keeping on top of email and WhatsApp communications.
• You will demonstrate an understanding of each client contract and the scope of work, including contract commercials and P&L. Using initiative to up-sell additional services to existing clients.
• Producing and presenting weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for clients.
• Researching opportunities for customer growth.
• Idea generation.
• General administrative duties.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent organizational skills and time management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly.
• Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate confidently both in person and on the phone, and be able to do this well under pressure.
• That you are switched-on and able to make well thought-out decisions.
• You’re a positive and kind natured person who is fun to be around.
• You’re curious, with an infectious enthusiasm and are always looking to learn.
• You are courageous; you are not afraid to speak your mind, to challenge the status-quo or stand up for what you believe in.
Essential Skills Required:
• Experience of working on multiple accounts or projects.
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Good working knowledge of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, TikTok)
Desirable Skills / Experience (non-essential):
• Access to their own vehicle with a full driving licence
• Commercial / Agency Experience
• An understanding of Facebook Business Manager.
• An understanding of Asana, Slack, Teamwork.
• 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays) + an additional day off on Christmas Eve.
• Excellent working environment and great company culture
• Frequent team days out (Post lockdown)
• Pension related benefits
• Personal learning and development budget.
• Dedicated development days.
• Team lunches and monthly socials, including Free Pizza Fridays. (Post lockdown)
• Approved on a case-by-case basis, doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc. don't have to be taken as holiday.
• We all get sick from time-to-time; we offer your first three days of sickness leave paid.
• Celebrations if you’re working on your birthday (Cake, gifts, food, music, party-poppers, you name it, we go all-out!) (Post lockdown)
• Company-wide celebratory event once a year (Often a Summer extravaganza or a Christmas retreat) (Post lockdown)
• Office based in the city center.
• Weekly fruit and snack deliveries (Post lockdown)
• Unlimited tea and coffee (Post lockdown)
• WFH surprise treats during lockdown
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants of all ages to apply. It’s important that all applicants can demonstrate the aforementioned skills / experience.
Please return your application before the 30th April, we’ll be holding telephone interviews throughout the first week of May.
Please note: The Ouma team are all currently remote working due to COVID-19, we plan to be working from the office as soon as possible, with the appropriate safety and social distancing measures in place.